Friday, November 2, 2012

Great feedback!

Hi Kelly,
On Friday, Oct. 26th , I brought my class outside!
I remembered walking throught the forest at Arundel last year... and a few of the kids who were there last year , were in the class I had on Friday.
Before going outside, we discussed what noises we hear in nature , like at Arundel , compared to the noises we hear in a suburb such as Fabreville, Laval.
I also discussed all the physical senses ... hearing , smelling, seeing, feeling (touch), and taste.
We went outside and tried to walk quietly to where we sat.
I had the kids close their eyes and 1st listen to the sounds, which we discussed.
Next, we discussed what we smelled. We discussed what we saw. We could not taste anything :-(
We discussed what things around us felt like.
It was great fun and I felt so much better in that last hour than if I had stayed indoors !
Thanks so much !
Peggy O'Neill
Twin Oaks Elem.
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment